What Are Immobiliser Problems?
An immobiliser fault can cause major issues and lead to expensive repair bills. There are many reasons why you might be experiencing car immobiliser problems. These problems can include;
- Central locking no longer working or working inconsistently.
- Vehicle not starting and the immobiliser light comes on the dashboard.
- Immobiliser light on the dashboard is flashing.
- Vehicle starts and then stops.
- Car alarm doesn’t work because of immobiliser problems.
- Car key stops working and no longer locks or unlocks the vehicle.
Many of these common issues are caused by key fobs losing their coding. This could be due to corroded or defected wiring with the key, or an issue with the ECU. Because our team of auto locksmiths are specialists in immobiliser problems, we can get to the bottom of the problem. If you need to reset car immobiliser or identify your immobiliser fault, our team can help.